Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cloud Computing in Education

Today I had the opportunity of attend a "pre-launch" event of Microsoft's latest venture into cloud computing called Microsoft 365.  While the event itself was technical in nature, it did provide me the opportunity to reflect on the impact this type of technology can have in education.


I have already seen and experienced, first hand, the tremendous power of Google Docs and all its applications in my role as principal and teacher.   I will be looking forward to Microsoft's official release of Office 365 and it's potential to transform how we teach, learn, collaborate and communicate in our schools.


Just before we were dismissed from the event we were shown Microsoft's "Future Productivity" Video - a vision for the next 5 years (see below).  The possibilities of this type of technology in education seem endless.....

No comments:

Post a Comment